Monday 14 April 2008

Boot About Town

Unfortunately I didn’t head anywhere ‘special’ enough to flirt with the fake eyelashes this weekend, however, my feet had the most fabulous time prancing around London town in my new granny shoe/ boots (as featured last week in the Market Mayhem post).

I wore them Friday through Sunday (may have verged on over doing it a little); however, they enjoyed 3 different styles of leg attire and were lucky enough to be commented on all over the city.

Friday saw the shoe/boot wearing a nice pair of brown Metalicus argyle printed tights – very cute however my pins were bloody freezing all day.

On Saturday they thoroughly enjoyed a day out at both Portobello and Kings Road Markets, I took a brave step and wore a very cute pair of cream ribbed tights, I was a little worried when I spied an 8 year old girl wearing pretty much the same pair but convinced myself that I was pulling it off with that cute, little girl at ballet class look. Not quite sure if this one was a success. Your thoughts?

Sunday the shoe/boot went a little crazy and pulled off (well I think so anyway) a pair of green and black, stripped over the knee sock numbers. The boyfriend was a little unsure about this move and made quite a few pirate related comments, I didn’t really mind as I backed myself up with some type of “Pirates were years ahead of themselves with those puffy, linen shirts and funny, pointed hats” retaliation.

Come to think of it I was also convinced that Marc Jacobs was channelling some type of Pirate theme with those hats from his Ready To Wear Fall 08 collection – The Pirate may become my unlikely April fashion inspiration, watch this space.

0 people have commented: