Tuesday 10 June 2008

I have a dream

Last night I admitted to the boyfriend that I, Francis Girard, self confessed fashionista (ridiculous term but what else do I call myself?), 600 hits per day fashion blogger (is that a lot?), fashion week usher and back rower (standing at 165cm I may as well down load it when I get home) has never sat in the front row of a fashion show.

“Never?” He replied “Are You Sure?” Like as if I had somehow forgotten such a momentous occasion.

I’ve since decided that September 2008 is the year of sitting – it may not be the year of front row sitting but it will be the year of sitting. Baby steps. No more will I wear black trousers, a free fashion week polo and direct the who’s who to their seats. This year, I will wear what ever the hell I want and sit exactly where a nice girl (who is not me) directs me to sit. I will also smile at her and tell her I like her trouser and polo combination.

I also intend to look something like these ladies on my big day:


12 people have commented:

Anonymous said...

I hope you get to that day but to be honest... it's not all that great sitting down or standing up....

Cheryl Lynn Pastor Romance Author said...

What fabulous, fabulous pictures. My,God. Everyone looks beautiful!

Yeah, I agree, I intend to look like this on my big day, preferably my upcoming 50th birthday. How lovely that would be.

I'm tagging you sweetheart. If you want to take part, just go to my blog.
Love ya.
Cheryl

Shes Dressing Up said...

You'll get your dream, don't worry! And you're sure to look great whilst doing it too!

Anonymous said...

i know that lily allen got a lot of flack for this lipstick, but i absolutely adore it on her. it's the shade of my nails right now and i think it's just such a vampy, stylish choice. seeing as how i'm one of 600 readers a day, care to trade links?

Lady Melbourne said...

I can just imagine you sitting front row, just don't look as bored as Kelly Osborne(I know it's her 'thing'), it's borderline rude!
LM
x

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I agree with the Bubble, it's not all that! Besides you don't have face like a smacked arse!

Francis Girard said...

damn it - all this time i had such high hopes for the sitting. xf

Anonymous said...

I hope all your sitting dreams come true!!
I'd love to even stand at a show as I've only ever been the college variety.

Elizabeth said...

An excellent dream indeed.

Always In Style said...

Great photos - I am loving Kelly Osbourne's new "look"

Anonymous said...

Er, I know I may not move in the same high powered fashion circles as y'all, but... When did Kelly Osbourne become a fashion icon?

Unless I am only assuming as she has shown up in 4 of the pictures associated with this blog. Maybe its just cause her head is so massive you can't see anyone past her..

Street Savy said...

Kelly Osbourne looks fabulous in those photos!