Wednesday 7 May 2008

Aphrodite


The Met Costume Institute Ball brought us quite an array of glamour this year, there was a slight nod to theme of superheroes, however; generally we saw meters and meters of soft draped fabrics in silk, satin and chiffon. I’m just loving the way folds and pleats are falling with this popular Grecian draped trend, it's giving me an excuse to wrap up and cover all those winter curves.

We also saw numerous one shouldered neck lines (also a Greek influence) bronzed skins and hem lines bunching on the floor, just beautiful for those gifted with height and Mediterranean blood.

Considering I meant to post this yesterday (my day job seems to be getting in the way) I won’t keep you and simply post a visual of my favourites.

6 people have commented:

Anonymous said...

I really love an evening gown that takes on the look of a costume but you must were some type of head piece but keep the hair style simple and sleek

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I agree there was so much grecian drapery going on last night. I adore grecian drapery.

WendyB said...

The Ricci dress was among the best.

Make Do Style said...

I actually love Stella McCartney's ability to cut the cloth. KM always turns out good in one of Stella's numbers - not so sure about Stella's own one - great colour but cut not quite suiting her.

rosa said...

thanks so much for the comment :]
and what a good idea! i do want to keep it but keeping it to give to my daughters is a really good idea. oh wow i sound mature for my age? lol im hoping thats a good thing! btw, how did you find my blog? its just that i dont get many readers lol

S said...

thanks for the advice about knockoffs. i'm def going to do something about it, i know the problem. would you mind if i added you to my links? i already love your blog XD