Thursday 20 March 2008

Brussels Brugge and Berets

I found the most fabulous quote today and felt the need to share it with you. “Sometimes I wake up and I think I should start wearing a beret, but I don't do it. One day I'm gonna, though. You bet your ass, I will have a beret on. That's ridiculous, but it's true. I always fight with wearing a beret.Mitch Hedberg I have always been a big fan of the Beret, however, am yet to don one while in Paris in fear of being too cliché, personally I don’t mind the cliché I have been known to wear sailor inspired stripes to boat related events and believe strongly in always wearing headwear and gloves to a race day. The Beret in France though may cause too much of a fuss with my travel mates so I left it behind on my recent French adventures. I did however don numerous berets on my trip to Belgium last week (French/Flemish it all has a French theme doesn’t it?) My mother was visiting Belgium with some friends and I decided to hang around for a few days and to my surprise I found it a wonderful wonderland of fashion with my most exciting discovering being the magic of the Antwerp 6, a group of influential avantgarde fashion designers graduating from Antwep's Royal Academy of Fine Arts. A phenomenon that apparently established Antwerp as a "notable location for fashion and design" – who would have thought? Sadly my budget didn’t allow me to purchase any of these delightful treats and the stupid sales assistants didn't allow me to bring you back any real life snaps but hey with the Euro Star dropping you off in Brussels in fewer than 2 hours why not drop in over the weekend?

0 people have commented: