Wednesday 27 August 2008

Blow drying, bobs and black

I've donned some of the most fabulous outfits this week as a guest (no longer an usher) at numerous shows during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Festival Brisbane. I lead a standing ovation for the tulled frills and slippery satin at Grbac on Day 1, I've developed a major crush on Paul Hunt (the man as well as the full skirts) and look forward to a little high street love when I attend the Queens Plaza Morning tea on Friday. 
I'm averaging 5 hours sleep a night (6 if I've pre planned the next days outfit). A blow dry in the morning has been limited to Monday and maybe Thursday (thank goodness braids are back and can be resurrected the following day). 
I have a whole new respect for Wintour and company. I now understand why the standard bob and black ensemble is so popular in the front row - bob plus black equals a good 7 hours in the sack. All this time I thought it was lack of creativity when it's actually sheer brilliance. A make over maybe on the cards friends. Stay tuned for outfit stories and fashion week criticism (of the constructive variety). I'm now off to take these tired eyes to bed.


18 people have commented:

Skye said...

My ex-fashion editor stylist buddy is a total natural boho babe, but come fashion week she'd suddenly get all slick and trenchcoaty - it's the only way to survive the ordeal with dignity intact!

Anonymous said...

thanks for stopping by on my blog :)
and i like the picture on your post. your blog looks nice, gonna start reading them now. nite

choppyshades said...

love your hair. sexxy:)

Anonymous said...

love your hair! and that white flower looks so pretty too!

LEESH said...

oh darling! thanks so much for the lovely comment on my blog! are you kidding me?! you pull of the straight-across/fringe bangs SO WELL! you're gorgeous! love love love them!
i'm linking you!
xx

Rachel said...

Your hair looks gorgeous like that. Love that flower.

Rachel said...

Your hair looks gorgeous like that - the fringe is huge in Brisvegas. Love that flower, too.

Anonymous said...

Oh your hair is just too lovely. And I can definitely vouch for the bob allowing for more sleep time - I'm never having longer hair again!

Lady Melbourne said...

I love your hair but I love every thing you do Francis Girard!
I particularly like that flower, I have a massive red rose I'm wearing at the moment and I'm in love with it...
LM
x

esme and the laneway said...

I love the flower. And anything that allows more sleepy time is a good, good thing.

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I had no idea that Brisvegas even had a fashion week...you live and learn!

What are doing at the event?

Make Do Style said...

It's all in the blow dry for the bob. A good blow dry will mke it lat perfectly for 3 days.
Flowers and fringe are fab!

Seeker said...

So lovely!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

you love really lovely in these pictures, I love the flower on your hair

leeselooks said...

thanks for your sweet comment love!


FW Brisbane sounds hectic. BUT oh so fun.

have a lovely weekend.


I definately can't wait for a trip to Australia !

Tricia said...

gorgeous picture, and I'm impressed you can even post during a fashion week!

Merily said...

I ADORE your hair!

Rosa said...

Ooh u look beautiful! love everything, a throughly modern louise brookes :-)